Monday, July 30, 2007

Little Hab-attack shows up in Grand Jct!!!

Found a nice little internet cafe today in downtown Fruita and just had to hang out there for a few hours due to the heat. The breakfast burrito was definitely something to write home about (or at least write electronically about ;) Oh yeah, this little downtime was perfect too because I was beat from last night out in the desert. I loved it out there, but it was a little bit of a light sleep, and then of course the greenhouse effect (sun hitting the tent) was in full force in the morning...early!!

I suppose the biggest news of the day was Habs coming into town. I sure hope she likes to rough it in the heat!! We're heading out to Moab UT for a couple of days. On the way to the airport I hit a sweet little disc golf course. It turns out I could have played the course about 8 times though, as Habs's little prop flight was 2 hours late (long time hanging out in the airport!!).

I was going to subject Habs to the rustic campground out in the desert, but decided to break her in easy with an established state park with a few trees for shade. She loved it....I think...........

Ok, enough said for now...

Pics:

Disc golf course on the way to the airport...
http://www.pdga.com/course/courses_by_city.php?id=1251


Long putt - nothing but chains people (and no, this is not "take 5" or anything like that ;)


Cha-ching...proof is in the pudding!


Ditto


Here's that nice mountain range that the trees in the disc golf course pics were blocking. Nice and rocky, eh?!!! I was going to take a quick little jog up to the top but I had to pick up Habs at the airport ;)


Little Hab-attack shows up...late...but still smiling (must have been a good day at Scios (
http://www.sciosinc.com/home). One thing about showing up late (>= 9pm) in Grand Junction - nothing's open (which actually worked out fine with me, as a gas station beef jerky dinner always hits the spot (Pete, PJ, and Jeffrey would be in heaven). P.S. a big happy 2nd birthday to Jeffrey.


Habs made it through the night

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hab-Attack had a big smile on arrival. Just wonder if the smile stayed after you told her about the tent. I just love when Hab-Attack rights to you on the bog and signs "Love Habs" best part of your blog. P.S. how do you get the pictures when you are alone?

Keep it if up...the pictures and story is great. Best part is Dan drinking Vodka in "Russian Bar" in Denver.

Pete "AKA" Cliff

Anonymous said...

hI UNCLE andrew have a jerk for me

PJ

Thnak foooor the birthdsay wish
jeeeeeeeffrey

P.S.
This took me about 20 minutes to get them to type. KIM

Anonymous said...

Amazing pictures of the ghost town - you couldn't pay me to spend a night in a tent there. It's a perfect story line for a horror movie -- they were never heard of again - just a rusty Honda joining the other wrecks. Dad