Thursday, August 9, 2007

Bonus post - Yosemite!

Ok, so after the mountain biking in Mammoth when I decided to throw in the towel and head home, I let the GPS do the work without really thinking. Within 30 mins, I was at the east entrance to Yosemite National Park (which "entitled" me to a $20 "toll"!!) Oh well, at least now I've got some justification for posting a few Yosemite pics from Memorial Day weekend ;)

Yosemite is an awesome place. We did a lot of hiking and "quasi-camping" (i.e. there are semi-permanent tents in the park that you can rent out - this would be a 3-walled cinder block structure with a canvas tarp over the top - see Housekeeping Camp
http://www.yosemitefun.com/housekeeping_camp.htm). I figured since this camping experience went fairly well that I could hack it cross country in my own tent!

In the southern part of the park you'll find the giant Sequoia trees. They're amazing to see up close!

Pics:

View from the valley...


Abundant waterfalls in the park...


View from a hike...






Here's another stitched series of photos...be sure to scroll right!


Habs thinking she's all cool with the OC shirt in a giant sequoia tree. Apologies about the following pics - it was a terrible time to take pics with the hard light in the middle of the day (super highlights AND super shadows...tough stuff), but there was no alternative (and when I say stuff like "this pic is going to blow, so let's not take it", Habs wigs out on me!!)




No comments: