Friday, August 10, 2007

Misc pics from the "end of the road"!!

Both cars ended up fitting in the driveway, otherwise I suppose it would have been sayonara to the beetle ;)

Went on a huge hike over the weekend...got a little lost and it turned into a 10k!!

Ok, so the key element in this pic is not the Golden Gate in the background - it's my "California haircut"...when I finished the trip I was in desperate need of a fight with the lawnmower, so I found a barber shop in downtown Los Altos. The barbers in there kept yelling out to everyone "hey, let's give this guy a California cut" like every few minutes and telling everyone that the NJ guy was now a Californian and stuff - you know, your basic hazing!! I was nervous there for a bit but it turned out ok (really, it did...there's just a 40mph wind in the below pic).

Last but not least, there's this great little BBQ restaurant near us called Armadillo Willy's (http://www.armadillowillys.com/). Well, I suppose restaurant status is debatable, but it's awesome. Here's my staple - the Willy's Deluxe sandwich (with the BBQ chicken and hot sauce) with sides of spicy peanut slaw and Texas toast!! This might be a serious pancake contender...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am coming out there just to eat at Willy's.

Peter

Anonymous said...

We KNEW you'd love this place! It's the first place on our list to take you when you come!

Habs